CT MG CLUB BRITISH BY THE SEA 2023 REQUEST FOR VOLUNTEERS
In an effort to make the CT MG Club’s 2023 British By The Sea Gathering run smoother, and to make the volunteering and positions easier to understand, we are going to use this Volunteer sign up system that was started last year.
For those Club Members who have not already signed up for a Volunteer Position for the British By The Sea weekend, please read the volunteer descriptions that are attached below to familiarize yourself with the various Crews and Positions that need your help.
The Volunteer Positions are divided up into (5) Crews, with 2 shifts in each. The suggested shifts are 8:00 -11:30 and 11:30 -3:00. Actual times are up to Crew Leaders discretion. Each Crew has a description of the various positions within that Crew. Decide which position and shift that you would like to volunteer for, contact the Crew Leader by phone or E-Mail, and he will add you to the list. Please show up 15 minutes before your shift.
The following positions are not included in this sign-up system, and will be crewed with the usual “show up and volunteer” efforts;
Registration Tent Contact Annie Wincze MGTDANNIE@GMAIL.COM 860-693-4249
Saturday General Help; There are a lot of small things that have to be done throughout the day, so we are asking that you take a nice drive down and lend a hand.
Sunday General Help ; Setup, Cleanup, Trash Pickup, Signage and Stake Pickup and Equipment Storage.
If you have general questions about BRITISH BY THE SEA please contact Steve 860-693-4249 MGTD52@COMCAST.NET
The success and future of our British By The Sea Gathering is directly dependent on having enough Volunteers to share in all of the work.
Thanks, Steve and Annie
ENTRANCE CREW GUIDE Headed up by Bob Howard 203-453-2842 MGBOBH@GMAIL.COM
This Crew includes the following Positions;
➢ GREETER (1) required per shift DESCRIPTION:
* This is the first person that our entrants will encounter and is located at the top of the Entrance Hill.
* The Greeter is responsible for greeting and giving initial direction to ALL of the Vehicles and Vendors, Handicap Parking and Spectators.
*ALL VENDORS MUST BE BRITISH CAR RELATED. ASK WHAT THEY SELL, OUR PERMIT DOES NOT ALLOW ANY FLEA MARKET TYPE VENDORS !!
* DISPLAY vehicles (either driven or in Trailers) and VENDORS are directed to the one of the three REGISTRATION CHECKING LANES.
* Spectators and Support Vehicles are directed to the SPECTATOR PARKING AREA. NOTE THE SIGNS !!!
* Direct trailers with display vehicles to the RIGHT entrance lane. This is to eliminate any possible accident of Trailers and Display vehicles crisscrossing on their way to the Display Field or Trailer parking.
* It is IMPORTANT to Keep Traffic Moving so as not to back up on Beach Access Road !! Camp Harkness requires clear access to their beach.
➢ REGISTRATION CHECKING PEOPLE (4) required per shift
* These people check DISPLAY VEHICLES (either driven or in Trailers) and VENDORS, for PAID pre-registration. (List is provided)
* If PREGERISTERD, cars are instructed to continue to the Display Field to park their car, and Trailers are directed to Trailer Parking to unload and drive to the Display Field to park. Then, walk to the Registration Tent to pick up their packet, and T Shirt if they ordered one or want to purchase one.
* If not PREREGISTERED, they collect $20 for Display Vehicles, and give them a Registration Form with instructions to fill it out and bring it the Registration Tent to pick up a packet. Direct cars to the Display Field, and Trailers to Trailer Parking (NOTE THE SIGNS) where they will unload and drive to the Display Field.
*Entrance Crew will have “Fanny Packs” for money.
For safety reasons, WE CAN NOT ALLOW TRAILERS ON THE DISPLAY FIELD UNLESS THEY ARE VENDORS.
* Also collect $25 from Parts Vendors who have NOT preregistered and give them a Registration Form with instructions to fill it out and bring it the Registration Tent. Cars for sale are considered Vendor @ $25 for each car.
Direct Vendors to the Vendor Row on the Display Field. OUR PERMIT ONLY ALOWS VENDORS THAT ARE BRITISH CAR RELATED.
FOOD VENDORS are byINVITE ONLY ! $50 The only Food Vendors we will have for 2023 are;
NEW ENGLAND SOFT SERVE
ROLLING TOMATO PIZZA
TEDS STEAMED HAMBURGERS
* Direct the Food Vendors to the Food Court area, they all have been here before and should know where to go
* Support Vehicles or Spectators do not pay any State Parking fees.
* DISPLAY VEHICLES and PARTS VENDORS are directed forward toward the field. NOTE THE SIGNS TO THE DISPLAY FIELD
SILENT AUCTION/RAFFLE TENT CREW
headed up by Maryanne Muscolino ➢ AUCTIONEERS (1) required per shift ?? Maryanne Muscolino and Lauren DelaChevrotiere??
*Tent will be the first space in Vendor row.
*Organize Silent Auction, and DOOR PRIZE drawings Use small clip boards to indicate what Auction items are and who donated them.
*Someone MUST be at the tent while items are on display.
*Work the attendees to generate interest.
*Post DOOR PRIZE winning numbers on Winner Board at 11:30 and 12:30
SPECTATOR PARKING CREW
Headed up by Bob Vanesse 860-875-7841 ROBERT.VANESSE@COMCAST.NET ➢ PARKERS (2) required per shift DESCRIPTION:
* Park the Spectator Vehicles as they come in. Hopefully the grass will be mowed east to west to indicate parking lanes.
* Inform each car where the EXIT is.
* DIRECT TRAILERS to the TRAILER PARKING CREW.
TRAILER PARKING CREW Headed up by Steve Wincze
➢ PARKER (1) required, first shift only. BOB LAVAZZOLI
*Responsible for parking trailers in an orderly fashion leaving adequate room to maneuver, unload, and load.
*Inform each truck where the EXIT is.
*Direct Display Cars from the Trailers to the Display Field. AS OF JAN 06, 2023
DISPLAY FIELD CREW GUIDE Headed up by Jeff VanArsdale 203-215-1167 JVAMG@OPTONLINE.NET
This Crew includes the following Positions;
➢ DIRECTION PERSON (1) required per shift DESCRITPION:
* Located at Left Turn into DISPLAY FIELD.
* Tell the drivers to go to the CLASS DIRECTION PERSON at the center of the field for direction to their Class.
* Keep Display Vehicles moving towards the Class Direction Person at the Center of the Display Field. Please keep an eye the amount of wear on the grass. Move traffic to the next Class row if the grass is being warn excessively.
* Directs Vendors to Vendor Row.
* First two Vendor spaces are reserved for Club Silent Auction, Regalia, and Membership Tents.
* With the exception of Vendors, ONLY BRITISH VEHICLES ALLOWED BEYOND THIS POINT.
* Inform Vendors where Vendor Row is located.
* For safety reasons WE CAN NOT ALLOW TRAILERS ON THE DISPLAY FIELD UNLESS . THEY ARE VENDORS.
➢ CLASS DIRECTION PERSON (1) required per shift DESCRIPTION: * Located at the CENTER the of the DISPLAY FIELD to direct Vehicles toward their proper Class.
* Directs Vendors to Vendor Row.
* First two Vendor spaces are reserved for Club Silent Auction Tent and Membership
➢ PARKERS (6) required per shift DESCRIPTION: * Ideally, the Display Field will be divided in (6) sections with (1) parker per section.
* Parkers ensure that the display vehicles are directed to their proper Class.
* Parkers will direct the owners to park the vehicles, aligning front wheels on the white line.
* Remind drivers to fill out Reg Form and bring it to the Reg Tent and pick up their Packet.
* Please stay alert to ensure that cars are not wandering aimlessly through the Field.
* If a Class has two rows, fill both rows evenly and allow space for Vendors to enter
* Direct Vendors to Vendor Row. First two spots are for CT MG Club Silent Auction, Regalia and Membership.
* Keep Vendors from expanding too far into the Display Field
* First two Vendor spaces are reserved for CT MG Club Silent Auction Regalia and Membership.
* MORGAN 3/4 Group will probably have a hospitality tent set up in Vendor row at the end of the MORGAN CLASS near the east entrance to the display field.